Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 people
This no bake super delicious snack is something I love having in a container in the fridge for when I am feeling peckish around 330’itis… with a nice cup of coffee? You know that time haha… It is so easy to make and takes no time.
1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
1/2 cup honey/maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste 1 3/4 cup plain quick oats
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup cranberries
1/4 cup dark choc chips
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl add peanut butter, honey/maple syrup and vanilla bean paste, whisk until smooth. If peanut butter is firm you can microwave it slightly to help the whisking process.
- Place a medium pan on medium low heat, toast the hazelnuts and coconut flakes until slightly golden. Once golden add them to the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Add in the cranberries, choc chips, ground cinnamon & salt and mix well until all ingredients evenly coated.
- Line a 12X7 inch baking tray with baking paper. Pour in mixture and press in firmly. I like to use the bottom of a glass jar or cup to create a flat even surface.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Once set, cut into desired sizes and keep in an airtight container in the fridge up to a week.
Tips & substitutes:
- Other natural nut butters can be used such as cashew or hazelnut.
- Other dried fruits such as dried apricots, sultanas or figs can substitute the cranberries.