This is the perfect and most delicious meatless Monday pasta dish, you will not regret giving it a go. You could totally add any protein to this such as chicken or some delicious Italian sausage mince. The options are endless and I hope this is a recipe that is on repeat in your homes.
Oh and side note next time I will totally be adding a gorgeous burrata onto this!
> 500g pasta - spaghetti
> 1 large brown onion - sliced
> 4 cloves of garlic
> 1/2 bunch silverbeet (approximately 6cups) - roughly chopped leaves, finely diced stems
> 400g tin butter beans - drained and rinsed
> 400g cherry tomatoes of choice
> 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
> 1 tsp fennel seeds
> 1/4 cup grated pecorino
> 1 lemon (juice of only half, rest to serve)
> S&P + olive oil
> 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
> chilli flakes to serve (optional)
1. Boil pot of water for pasta & pre heat your oven at 200C fan forced.
2. While pot of water is boiling, place a deep sauté pan on medium low heat with a good glug of olive oil. Infuse 5-8 fresh bail leaves for a few minutes until fragrant. Take leaves out and set aside.
3. On a lined baking tray, place your cherry tomatoes with some salt, drizzle of olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Give it a little toss or jiggle so the tomatoes are evenly coated. Bake for approximately 10-12minutes and set aside.
4.Sweat the onions until translucent (I like to do so with the lid on for a couple of minutes). Once softened, add the garlic stirring for about a minute until fragrant.
5. Add salt to your pot of boiling water & cook your pasta as per packet time suggestion.
6. While the pasta is boiling, add the silverbeet and cook until wilted. Fold through your butter beans, fennel seeds, all the basil leaves and juice of 1/2 a lemon. Season with S&P to your liking.
7. Drain your pasta (reserving 1-1.5 ladles of water) & place into your bean & silverbeet mixture with the grated pecorino & 1-1.5 ladles of pasta water and stir on very low heat, thickening up the dish.
8. Serve with baked balsamic cherry tomatoes, an extra squeeze of lemon juice and some extra grated pecorino.