Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: approx. 20 balls
This is a fancy version of rum balls. Now there is nothing wrong with rum balls but I thought why not jazz things up and use frangelico which side note is my secret ingredient in my tiramisu, it gives a gorgeous hazelnut flavour that I adore.
250 grams Marie biscuits
375ml condensed milk
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (hersheys is the best)
1 cup desiccated coconut
6 tablespoons Frangelico liquor
For decorative crumbing
- Place Marie biscuits in a food processor and blitz until they resemble a breadcrumb texture. If you do not have a food processor, place biscuits in a large zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin as fine as possible.
- Place crushed biscuits in a large bowl along with condensed milk, desiccated coconut, cocoa, and frangelico.
- Mix well until evenly incorporated.
- Set up rolling station. A small bowl of cold tap water and small bowls with whichever decorative crumbing. Apply a little bit of water on your hands and take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll. Crumb in your topping and place on a plate.
- Place in the fridge for 4hours prior to transferring to a jar or container so they don’t collapse on top of each other.
Tips & Substitutions:
- Replace Frangelico with Rum to make a traditional Rum ball.