Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx
Now if you don’t like a good old Ferrero Rocher I mean can we even be friends??? Probably not, but I’m sure you do because you clicked on this link and here we are. I am not going to take credit for creating this recipe because I actually did find it on @_bamik_ ‘s page) so please go over and give her a follow. They are a healthier version (I mean they’re totally not healthy but healthier lol) and easy enough to make so I hope you enjoy making these
(haha what I really meant was eating these lol.)
- 5 cups of hazelnuts plus a bit extra for the outer
- 80g milk chocolate - use whichever you prefer
- 1tsp cocoa or cacao
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 50g dark chocolate
- Left over whole hazelnuts
- Lay hazelnuts on baking paper & roast on 175C fan forced for approx. 10 minutes, just until the skin looks like it is starting to crack off. If you have pre roasted hazelnuts, still roast for a few minutes to get the oils to release.
- Take out of oven & after cooling for a few minutes, place in a tea towel & get most of the skin off.
- Add 1 cup of the hazelnuts in a processor or NutriBullet and blend until you have a butter consistency.
- Melt milk chocolate in microwave and stir through cocoa/cacao, coconut oil & maple syrup (or choice of sweetener) with the hazelnut butter/paste.
- Place in freezer for 5min to firm up slightly to make it easy to roll.
- Take out of freezer and roll into 2 tsp balls, place one whole hazelnut in the center and roll smooth.
- Place in freezer for a further 10 min while you melt dark chocolate.
- With any left of hazelnuts, blitz up but not too fine to coat the outer of the balls. Dip balls into melted dark chocolate and then sprinkle the crushed hazelnuts.
- Freeze for a couple of hours and then leave in the fridge for nibbling anytime.
Enjoy and you’re welcome
Recipe via @_bamik_ on instagram.