Makes approximately 6 burgers
800g chicken thigh fillets
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2tbsp olive oil
2 avocados, smashed
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1/2 lime juice
1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
6 bread rolls
1 baby cos heart
1 red onion, cut into slices
cheese slices - I used Butterkase but haloumi would be amazing too.
2 tomatoes, sliced
375g (usually 6) portabello mushrooms
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
6 slices of haloumi
1. Trim any fat from chicken thigh fillets and place into a bowl. Marinade and set aside.
2. Prepare your smashed garlic avo, cover and refrigerate. Slice and prepare all your burger fillings in a plate, cover and refrigerate.
3. Pre heat oven to 200C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper, place mushrooms on tray, season with S&P a light drizzle with olive oil, shredded cheese, sliced haloumi and a little more olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked.
4. Place a non stick pan on medium high heat and grill chicken thigh pieces for approximately 5minutes each side, or until cooked through.
5. Assemble burgers. I love smashed garlic avo, chicken, lettuce, tomato, red onion, lettuce & cheese.
soak sliced onion in chilled water while you prep to take the bite away, simply drain just before serving.
Oregano baked potato chips also taste amazing with these burgers.
If you do not like coriander, just leave/replace with flat leaf parsley.