This is a dream loaf. One that hits that savoury spot a treat, breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea....
Corn flavour from the polenta, saltiness from the olives and feta, sharpness from the vintage cheese, and freshness from the herbs.
I hope you love this as much as I do...
200g Self Raising flour
160g Sharp vintage cheese or cheddar - shredded
100g Greek feta - roughly crumbed
1/2 cup kalamata or green Sicilian olives
1tsp baking powder
4 tbsp olive oil
1 cup fresh herbs - roughly chopped (variety of choice, I love parsley, thyme, dill, oregano & basil)
Small pinch of salt and cracked black pepper to liking
1. Pre heat oven to 180C fan forced
2. Whisk wet ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Sift flour and baking powder. Add polenta, cheeses, olives and incorporate.
4. Fold in wet ingredients making sure mixture is well incorporated.
5. Pour into a lined bread tin (10inchX5inch) and bake for approximately 45minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Allow to cool in pan for 15minutes prior to removing and slicing.
7. Slice and enjoy warm or chilled (I love it warm). Keeps well in an airtight container for 5 days. Freezes well for up to a month in an airtight container, simply defrost in fridge overnight.