Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx
If you know then you know…. If you don’t; then you need to make this pronto! I can’t have Croatian girlfriends and not love this, that would be blasphemy!
It is basically a capsicum, eggplant and garlic dip that taste like a party in your mouth. I slather this on bread, along with cold meats or on the side of a nice steak. If goes with everything TBH and it is super easy to make. I tweaked the SBS recipe that you can find here https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/roasted-capsicum-and-eggplant-relish-ajvar
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced in 2-3cm slices
- 3 red capsicums, cleaned and sliced in thick strips
- 3 small cloves of garlic
- 1/2-1 lemon juice (to your tasting)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Place capsicums on a lined baking tray and place under your oven grill and char. You will see it blacken a bit. Once charred, place in a heat proof bowl and cover with cling wrap. This will help steam and make removing the skin a lot easier.
- Pre heat oven at 200 degrees. Line a baking tray and place eggplants on there (don’t overlap) season with S&P and generous olive oil. Bake until soft (approx. 15-20min) Do not let them crisp.
- Peel skin off capsicums and place in a food processor along with eggplant, garlic, lemon juice, fresh parsley, olive oil and season with S&P.
And that is it!! So so yummy, I hope you love it.