Cool evenings call for a curry… Now I am not a pro with curries but this is delicious and I love the Maesri curry pastes. You could easily swap the fish for chicken, slow cooked beef… Ingredients: 500g snapper (or white fish of choice) - cut into large cubes1 tin...
Beef and Snow Peas Stir Fry
ᛎ Jump to recipe
If you are after a quick and easy mid week dinner then you have to add this to your meal planner or shopping list. Super easy and delicious. Oh and please do not do what I accidentally did and use regular soy sauce rather than light soy, my mouth was burning from the saltiness lol.
- 3/4 cup light sodium soy sauce
- 120 ml cold tap water
- 6 tablespoons mirin
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 500 grams snow peas
- 1/2 cup finely sliced spring onions
- 800 grams eye fillet steak, thinly sliced into approximately 2-3cm strips. Rested for 30min out of fridge.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together light soy sauce, water, mirin, brown sugar, and corn starch. Set aside.
- In a large non stick pan, over medium-high heat, add rice bran oil. Once oil is heated, add cook the beef until mostly cooked through, about 3-4 minutes on each side over two batches. Remove first batch from pan and set aside on a plate. Once all cooked place all the beef in the pan.
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, approximately 1 minute. Add the snow peas and spring onions and cook for about 3 minutes, tossing as it cooks.
- Pour sauce in ensuring heat is still on medium/medium high heat and stir for one minute, stirring and tossing to incorporate everything. Sauce will thicken.
- Serve with white rice.
Tips and Substitions:
- Scotch fillet beef also works a charm.
- Ensure beef is rested prior to grilling to prevent it being tough.
- Other vegetables such as broccoli, capsicum, corn, onions can be incorporated at the same time as the snow peas.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing what you cook! Tag me on Instagram @rossanos.casa
Ciao I’m Marylin:
If you’re a foodie who’s looking for ideas on what to cook, as well as recipes that deliver on flavour, every time, you’re in the right place.
As a recipe developer, cookbook author (and wife and mum to a team of amateur food critics), in my Casa you’ll find delicious inspiration you can use every day.
Popular AF recipes
What better food than seafood. I know a lot of people can be intimidated by cooking seafood but it really isn’t all too hard if you keep the basics easy. This seafood pasta was super easy but boy is this delicious. Ingredients: 500g spaghetti1 large brown onion3...
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
There isn’t anything better than a slow cooker meal and even better when it is a soup full of nutrients. This is my go too soup and it changes all the time because I generally use what veggies I have at hand. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and you have a...
One Bowl Dinners
This cookbook has 15 one bowl recipes from curries to kofta to stiry frys to a baked risotto. I have made sure each is full of flavour but also
super easy to make.
Delicious AF Dinners Cookbook
Meal ideas that will have you trying new recipes and flavours but not stressing out.
1 Dough 10 Recipes Cookbook
My super simple “holy grail” dough recipe along with easy, tasty savoury and sweet winners.
A great dish to make and such an easy to use recipe. Love everything about it. Thanks Maz
Response from Dinner ideas for foodies
Thanks for giving it a go, so happy you loved it x
© Rossano’s Casa 2022
Busy and need instant dinner inspo?
Subscribe to get a free 5-day done-for-you meal plan including a shopping list: